- Salty Breadcrumbs MUCH more somber than the name implies...a very honest poem and one of my personal favorites. 1/03
- Vietnam One of my favorites.
- Awareness Just a thoughtful little poem I wrote a LOOONG time ago.
- Remembrance Another reflective poem done in high school.
- Holocaust Written while in fourth grade. I seem to write well when a trajedy is involved...a bit macabre, but that's just me. @_@
- Help Hmmm. Don't really know when I wrote this one..awhile ago, I guess.
- 1999 Done the night I graduated high school, when I was probably drunk...it's just a wee bit idealistic.
- Hope Written in August, the summer after graduating from highschool. I wrote it about a "friend" of mine who seemed to only survive off of negativity.
- Lost and Found Probably my favorite poem...it just hit me all of a sudden, and I instantly drew a picture to go along with it. It was written as I reflected on my Portuguese ancesters, who came from the Azores Islands.
- Rainbow Well, this one is a bit too fluffy...it was while I was in one of my abundantly happy moods...I think I had just watched 5 or 6 back to back episodes of Rainbow Brite. Read it ONLY if you like bubbly, idealistic nonsense.
- In Memory of My Grandmother A poem written years after my grandmother died. She died when I was younger, and I always regretted not being older so I could understand her love of traveling and dedication to her family...she used to say my mother & I were her favorites, and left us many beautiful things. I am working on adding pics of her to this poem, and the pics page of the site.
- Diana A poem that came to me when I was meditating...probably about 2 years ago.
- Existence Originally entitled "reefer", so I am sure you can guess where the inspiration for this one came from. =p
ESSAYS & PROSE
Reflections on Isaac Babel's Salt Written 2/16/05 for my History of Russia class. An AMAZING story! Highly recommend. *nods*
Why Read Comics? Just a silly little essay I wrote years ago.
- Remember? I like this one. I think I wrote it right before graduation (so very long ago), so I was feeling a bit nostalgic. *blush*
- Fate I wrote this essay as part of a term project on the Witch Trials in Salem, Massachusetts. Some of it is pretty corny, but not too bad for an (at the time) 18 year old.
Is Comic book buying a RITUAL? I wrote this while in my Anthro 5: Magic, Witchcraft & Religion class....on how the act of purchasing a comic book can be considered a "Ritual". Just read it! Especially if you read comix. It always makes me laugh. But the pic never comes out. O_o
Shopping with the Nacirema Tribe And yet another reflective essay I wrote in my Anthro 5 class. See if you can tell what this one is talking about. A hint: read some words in REVERSE. Got it? Email me your opinion.
Eulogy/Rant of 911 My way of venting my rage and fear over the events in NY on September 11th. Not for the faint of heart! >_<
Fuel Written 2/4/02 as a quick summary of my future plans. Was a quick english assignment, but I like it a lot. :)~
- Religious Symbolism found in Hemingway's The Old Man and the Sea An assignment written 5/20/02 for my English class. I basically just put this up on the site so you guys could use it for one of your English classes. Yay! I am making the world a better place, one day at a time. :)~
- Comic Book Censorship Should Be Banned! 5/6/02- Why I think censorship is disgustingly annoying, in all it's forms. My TERM PAPER, so let me know if you need to see my Works Cited Page for references...and yes, I am completely serious about that.
- Comics Should Be Banned! 5/1/02- The opposite argument, from a prudish standpoint...*satire*... ;)
- Subjective Objectivity 10/22/03 - A study of subjective obectivity (for a critical thinking class, Fall semester 2003). Basically a subtle way of getting a certain point across...without actually stating your purpose. Everything lies in the descriptions...take a peek & let me know what you think.
- Response to the Essay "A White Woman of Color" 11/20/03 - My personal response after reading Julia Alvarez' acclaimed essay.
- How A Cigarette Is Like A Comic Book 12/15/03 - censorship (and availability) of comics, from a retail standpoint (interviews, works cited, etc).
- Response to the Essay "I Have A Dream" 12/25/03 - In response to Martin Luther King's classic essay.
- Craft of the Wise 1/18/04 - A nifty little essay (a class writing assignment) that briefly defines the word "witchcraft" and all its connotations, based on text found within the Oxford English Dictionary (OED).
- Gay Marriage 2/15/04 - In response to Gay Marriage-- my views on the subject. Lots of controversy, as always, going on about that subject right now near my home (San Francisco), so I decided to write a little essay...